Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Restore Chrome Formica Table

The southern tip of India, although not top

Excepted its geographical location, Kanyakumari, the southernmost town of India, has not much interest. That does not prevent the cohorts of tourists and many Western Indians to go: it's true that it's still funny to say that was really all across the country. Some come from afar to this: a father explaining to me by example that came to Delhi with her children, or nearly 40 hours by train, just for that reason. Well there is not really anything either: some churches (including one under renovation, scaffolding Indian support), a small temple dedicated to Devi, and especially the 40-meter statue of a poet Tamil. Conducted in 2000, it stands on a small island opposite the port. It required the collaboration of 5000 workers. A small ferry made the crossing every 10 minutes is barely 400 meters from the coast. Besides, another tiny island that was built a memorial to Indian philosopher of the late 19th century, named Swami Vivekananda (unknown to the battalion in my case ...). Coincidentally, I found my hotel in the Dutch with whom I had a few days hiking in Karnataka, as what the world of Western tourists is small. The picture is taken from my hotel room.

the evening I went to see Sunset Point the sun setting over the Arabian Sea, alongside hundreds of Indians. As soon as the sun disappears, and while the colors are still wonderful, all the Indians evacuated the area quickly. I was one of the few to enjoy until the end ... I'd be gone as well see the sunrise this morning but it soon, too soon. Anyway I had a bus at 7:30. So I did 9 hours of bus today, towards Rameswaram. This city is located on an island just across Sri Lanka. It is connected to India by a large bridge. It is a place believed to have been important in the Ramayana, hence the high number of pilgrims who travel. I had to make a dozen hotels before finding a room available. Along the way, in the plain of Tamil Nadu, we met many salt marshes, as in Gujarat. In the area of poverty is particularly acute, the 3 / 4 of the houses are woven palm, although precarious. I understand better why tsunamis are so much havoc in the region: / I'll try to rent a bike tomorrow to go to the tip of the island where, according to the guide, is a superb beach. Anyway, for the bus, the water looked almost transparent, it promises:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment