Friday, April 30, 2010

Ceramic 90 Degree Corner

Beaches of Bali ... What to do on foot, by bicycle or scooter!

Ok ... Are some really great beaches in Bali is not a legend ^ ^ I have found some in recent days from two bases: Padangbai, east, and Sanur in the south. I write this message also seated facing the sea in Sanur, with the almost full moon reflected on water.

Padangbai is a small coastal village in an area where tourists are beginning to become scarce. There are only 5 or 6 hotels lining the port, with 2 or 3 bars and restaurants. It took me a small bus ride to get there. The place I liked right away: quiet, green, with a temperature less burdensome than inland. The day after my arrival I rented a bike, to the astonishment of the keeper of the hotel does not rent scooters as usual ... Yes, it really is the sport of cycling in the corner, it goes up and down all the time along the coast, like in Martinique. And between 10am and 15-16h, the heat is really intense. My goal was a small beach of Pasir Putih name, about fifteen miles Padangbai. Along the way, I made a first stop at Candidasa, on a black sand beach was absolutely deserted. I did dip into water almost too hot for half an hour.

few miles away, I stopped on top of a long hill to take a coke, and I noticed a little path that climbed up a ridge overlooking the sea I have followed the way on foot, after exhausting 40 minutes I arrived at a temple inhabited only by monkeys. The view was magnificent: on one side, rice fields and volcanoes, on the other, the ocean and cliffs. A nice reward after the pounds lost in
fleet battle ... I went back down to resume cycling, and after a small lunch stop in a mini shack (I still wonder how I was not sick), I arrived at the beach of Pasir Putih. A large stretch of white sand, a few tourists and turquoise water. The bottom was carpeted with corals between the sandbanks and fish come in all colors. I know nothing about fish, but I noticed among other surgeon fish, species of scalar while yellow, blue neon tiny fish style neon lights, and fish-shaped flute. Besides myself there must be a dozen tourists on the beach which was roughly 500 meters long. I stayed two or three hours before returned, exhausted by swimming and cycling.

The next day I joined Sanur minibus, 2 hours Padangbai. This city near the capital, Denpasar, is not exceptional in itself. It's a long long beach lined with hotels and restaurants pseudo-chic or pseudo-traditional haunt of tourists and Club-Med Australian retirees. We can not even swim properly, the first 300 meters is very shallow, overgrown with algae, corals and rocks. So I decided today to try the scooter to go farther south, where the beaches are nestled legendary for surfers in the area of Ulu Watu. The rental costs 4 euros per day, plus about 1 euro petrol. Suffice to say that I did not ruined. This was my first scooter, I had to pretend to know me to be able to rent it: p After all it says on my scooter driving license, and I saw kids of 12 years make , it seemed up my alley! In fact everything went well. I have gone about from beach to beach, from mid-day by the temple of Ulu Watu, perched atop a cliff in a very spectacular. And monkeys invaded again. The Lonely Planet and the signs at the entrance warned that monkeys loved sewing glasses people. I got proof when poor Japan has been had in front of me, while taking picture of two girls from her group. The monkey has ruined his glasses: /

Around Scooter enabled me to visit 3 wonderful beaches quite different: the beach Balangan, archetype of the heavenly beach of fine sand and white with a lot of surfers, Ulu Watu Beach, nestled in a cave, and Bindin beach, bordered by a large cliff on one or two kilometers. At Ulu Watu, a place a bit protected from the waves allowed to dive and observe the wildlife, I saw a tiny white one moray thirty centimeters go into a depression to leave his troubling than thrombin. Glad to have crossed his mom ^ ^ After this great day, I highly recommend the scooter to explore Bali and away places too easily swamped by tourists. Besides, tomorrow I take the boat to discover another one of those places, the small island of Nusa Lembongan, 20 kilometers off Sanur.

0 comments:

Post a Comment