Monday, April 12, 2010

Pearl Necklaces In Jeddah

Life in Sendai

Happy reunion with my cousin after a day's train to Sendai in northern Honshu (the main island of Japan). It is a city of over one million inhabitants, close to the sea and mountains. We can see the snowy mountains of one of the windows of the apartment of Damien. On the first night he took me to a tiny Skewers Restaurant (cheese, chicken, fish, tomatoes ...) to very warm. Some pillars that hang out there every night, looking like businessmen, we have just held his leg but still in good mood:) The city is full of these little restaus and bars that can hold a dozen people breaking everything.

Sendai does not have many tourist sites. I still did a bike ride to the park where stood the castle of Sendai. There are still some walls, and statues have been arranged to enhance the ride. More importantly, it's a great view of Sendai, landscape buildings with modern sea bottom. The next day I went to visit a coastal village, a few tens of minutes by train, called Matsushima. There are a multitude of small wild islands, with statues of Buddha and mini-temples hidden here and there. There was only one or two other tourists, I could wander for a few quiet hours. Around 14h I became disillusioned when I ordered what I thought was pasta carbo species, in fact it was cold noodles, almost icy, called Soba. It was ... Special: /

On the advice of my cousin, I went the next day at Naruko-Onsen, a village in the heart of the mountains known for its hot baths in sulfur-laden water. Indeed the whole valley smells strongly of sulfur! Before the swim I tried a little way along a river, but I turned around when I saw that the trail was covered with snow and branches, impracticable. I preferred to go to a few kilometers from the village, look at a small lake located between three volcanoes. From a very bright turquoise, it displays one of the strongest acidity in the world. Nothing lives there, with a few ducks. Walking around the lake I could see some fumaroles surrounded by sulfur deposition, impressive. On the way back so I did dip in an onsen all wood, where the milky water comes through pipes pines. It was tiny but very charming. Only downside, my skin felt strongly the sulfur leaving the establishment ... In the street most people were walking in a kimono and wearing traditional wooden sandals to go to an onsen to another.

The next day my cousin accompanied me to visit the temple of Yamadera, mountainside to an hour from Sendai. A few hundred steps lead to walk through the ten buildings. The temple itself is nothing exceptional, but the view as and when The climb is beautiful. It has taken a small ice tea on the way down and back to Sendai for a Karaoke night with his colleagues:) Just rent a small room for 3 or 4 hours to put the songs you want to sing one after another through a small screen / remote, and go:) The food and drinks are not expensive, the directory is really huge (several thousands of titles for all styles), it is funny ^ ^ Ya two microphones, it was less ashamed to sing like two pans: D This morning, this weather, I decided to postpone my trip to Hokkaido tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment