Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Gay Cruising Near Piccadilly

The volcanic region of Kyushu and relaxing

That three days I walk through Kyushu. This region, highly volcanic, is superb and little frequented by tourists. While in Tokyo to Hakata, the city is virtually uninterrupted, Kyushu landscape is made up of volcanoes, fields, greenhouses, detached ... Brief is the campaign! Kagoshima, the city where I established my headquarters for exploring Kyushu, is located just opposite a volcano that rises from the sea, forming an island called Sakurajima. I went there the first afternoon, taking a ferry that makes regular 10-minute crossing. The volcano in question is active, can see huge plumes escape cone regularly in a crash hallucinating. The last major eruption was in 1914. There are still hundreds of mini-eruptions per year, but not dangerous dust covering the island. A small information center explains all this free near the port. Just next door, a hot spring (onsen ) allows public to soak your feet while watching the volcano. The Japanese are a fan of onsen, are found in all of Japan. There a classification according to the environment of the bath (inside, outside, hidden in nature, by the sea ..), the composition of water, etc. ... Some are very expensive as popular.

The next day, I just tested a onsen a kind somewhat unusual. Before enjoying the hot spring, the client goes through a volcanic sand bath. Dressed in a simple kimono yukata very end called , lie on the beach, back at the designated place. Both types come with their big shovel and cover you with black sand in 5 seconds (except the face of course). Then we must remain still for 10-15 minutes enjoying the feeling. With the pressure of the sand and the heat coming from below, the heart pumps stronger and the blood flows better, it feels to spread throughout the body. He is super hot, the sand is soft, very pleasant. After a while, when the sand starts to burn the skin, it appears to go wash and go into the onsen itself. Earlier in the day, I wandered into a small corn while in Southern Kyushu, looking for a way to explore Mount Kaimon, another volcano. Not finding a trail, I lost a little chance in the campaign. An English teacher and grandmother took me a lift when I returned to the train station, very nice. Moreover, in this corner of Japan, people are particularly friendly, smiling, not greedy of hellos. Another guy did a detour of 15 km drive to bring me back safely, then I went down to the foot of a large lake in a caldera, assumed the lochness monster house a local bottom with the famous Mont Kaimon.

In lack of a castle, I went to Kumamoto, roughly in the center of the region. Always the same time, early 17th century, the castle still has some of its original turrets, even if its main tower was reconstructed recently. A mini-exhibition traces the history of the castle in the first and second floors. We find again the fierce power struggle between lords and emperors. The castle is surrounded by magnificent walls, moats and very impressive. The cherry season is in full swing, white and pink petals flying in all directions is a joy to walk through the alleys of the park! And as it is sunny and warm for 2 or 3 days, many Japanese come here and there for picnic. I went back to the east of Kyushu after this visit to go to Aso via a train that bypasses Mount Aso. It is a gigantic crater 130 km in circumference, which houses a few volcanoes in activity. I liked to do some hiking in the area, but that is for another time. I chose to redo a small swimming session in another onsen, including an outdoor pool in a small garden. Foot. Especially since I was almost alone, unlike that of Ibusuki, where people queued up to be buried. I took the train back to Kagoshima, where a delicious dinner waiting for me as home every night. Family taking this small guesthouse has good idea to offer guests to share the evening meal for the modest sum of 260 yen (about 2 €). So we have the right ambience and local cuisine for almost nothing:)

Here I go again to the north, where I'll find my dear cousin. I make the trip twice, stopping this afternoon in Matsumoto to see another castle, and tomorrow in Takayama, a small town famous mountain, it seems to have retained its original charm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment