Sunday, March 21, 2010

Beer Diwali Greetings



My Korean tour ended with a visit to the city of Jeonju and Gongju (yes many cities Korean ending in-Ju). I enjoyed Jeonju is a major city of 650,000 inhabitants which has the double benefit of being a mecca of Korean cuisine and ancient spiritual capital of the Joseon Dynasty (the dynasty that created even the Grand Palace in Seoul). Part of the city, called Hanok village, contains royal buildings, a beautiful church in the twentieth, museums, and about 800 of these traditional houses called Hanok. Walking is very pleasant, the streets are quiet, some lined creeks, and there are exhibitions and galleries every 10 meters. Regarding the kitchen, I allowed myself a few Jeonju bibimbap (30 ingredients) and a memorable Bulgogi, marinated beef barbecue.

I will not spend less on the second city, Gongju. There are some royal tombs, including that of Muryeong king of Baekje about the year 500 (Paekche is one of the famous Three Kingdoms of the first millennium). However impossible to visit a museum by cons right side offers a reconstruction and outlines some of the objects found inside (jewelry, statues ...). The place where graves are located looks like a real golf course, you can not see anything special, all entries are closed. Gong ju also had a temple that I have not had time to visit: / I must say that I lost some time in the bus connections these days, the service is minimized in this region.

Back in Seoul, I spent my days visiting the district of Insadong, composed of small winding streets with cafes, antique shops and traditional restaurants in number. A beautiful palace, Changdeokgung, borders Insadong. He acted as the secondary palate at the beginning of the Joseon Dynasty and has gained importance as and when the centuries. His style is very similar to the first palace visited the Gyeongbokgung. I admired during a tour of 1 hour and a half which featured the many neighborhoods of the king and courtiers, the imposing gates and especially the beautiful secret garden with its water bodies.

I also mounted the Seoul Tower, a short half-hour from Magali. I have found my teddy the changing of the guard, who certainly follow me everywhere! The tower itself is rather ugly, but the view of Seoul at 360 degrees is superb. On the fence bordering one of the viewing platforms, thousands of locks of love accompanied by soft words were hung by symbolically couples, as on the Pont des Arts. Mag yesterday and I've seen a little show weekly dance and traditional music at Seoul Art Center, after which we proudly celebrated three weeks in the bars around Hongik.

Here I come to Tokyo, the guesthouse is great (well I think I'll hear my snoring companions dorm that night, but otherwise it's clean, equipped, well located). I made a small first round of appreciation to Asakusa district, it looks really nice and lively. I must say that after a meal with salmon and tuna rillettes on the plane, I was in a good mood from the outset to enjoy Japan ... I'll try to confirm this first impression at the restaurant tonight:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment