Monday, March 1, 2010

Kates Playground Piercings

One last big city ...

Chennai my last big city before leaving Korea. Better known under its former name, Madras, the city has 4 or 5 million. Contrary to the view my media guide is a nice place and I think he authentic enough, at least the neighborhoods that I visited in last 2 days. Yet it is true that there is not plenty to do for tourists, the government museum, a few temples and the fort St. George.

Saturday was perhaps not the ideal day to visit the museum, dozens of buses have poured hundreds of children in galleries throughout the afternoon. A little complicated to focus on explanations when the charming toddler scream, run and chime into you every 10 seconds. Finally, it was for the gallery and the Zoology Museum for Children, by strangely cons galleries, architecture, botany and geology were calmer:) The museum is housed in a superb series of British colonial buildings called Pantheon Complex. One of them, inspired by the Mughal style, is sumptuous. It houses the art gallery. Partially under construction, part of the museum was closed. Locally, employees work in galleries open to the public works or exhibits were simply pushed to the side. It is then possible to see the skeletons of elephants and deer heads stuffed mix with cement bags and trowels. In the Bronze Gallery, a guard asked me to exchange € 1.50 rupees cons: it was another of those alleged foreign coins that collectors are supplementing their income by asking currency to all tourists who pass by, then the change in Indian currency .

for once I chose not to visit the temples of Chennai, perhaps wrongly, but I think the Tamil Nadu earned me an overdose of temples. Anyway I did not have time to do everything, I preferred to walk around the St George Fort , bordering the Bay of Bengal. Nothing to see inside, but the buildings that occupy it are interesting in themselves. These include the Legislative Assembly Secretariat, St Mary's Church and not far from the fort, the High Court of Chennai. It is a gigantic building style Indo-saracene dated 1892, red brick, supposedly the second largest judicial building in the world. On the picture you can see only the gate, the rest being partially hidden by trees. Other buildings in the same style are scattered in the center of Chennai, including the central station. Tomorrow I will find

my dear cousin in Seoul, I think the atmosphere will change radically ... I intend nonetheless continue writing the blog from time to others:) I am for 3 weeks, this should be enough for a first visit to this tiny country ^ ^ I just hope that there will be fewer mosquitoes, here's a real nuisance!

0 comments:

Post a Comment