Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Soul Silver After The First

very convincing some districts of Tokyo

I do not know where to start so I saw things in two days in Tokyo ... It's huge, bustling, and there's something for everyone. Luxury shopping streets, others for more modest budgets for young people, older people, and business districts, residential neighborhoods, parks, shrines, markets, concerts, etc. ... Every day I choose one or two districts in one area and I visit on foot. Yesterday, I chose to start Shibuya, Omotesando Street with its famous "Champs Elysees" Japanese. Actually no, I did not choose, it's Sun-Min, a girlfriend with whom I Mag party at the weekend in Korea, which offered me the neighborhood for lunch. We ate a meal of Gyoza, Japanese dumplings with pork, grilled and / or boiled. We might be close to the street with stores Gucci, Cartier and company, the price was quite reasonable. She left his side, I headed to the shrine built in memory of Emperor Meiji and his wife in 1920. 100 000 trees were planted at the time and now form a beautiful forest in the city. Just next door is the Yoyogi Park, where thousands of Japanese are walking with or without (s): Chihuahua (s), peak-they communicate, train at baseball or discuss posed in the grass. It must be said that Monday was a holiday, I think the park was particularly busy.

a few minutes, the Harajuku district, and his street Takeshita-Dori. There are dozens of shops of clothes for teens, glaciers and cheap bars. The street was literally shielded from teens, including a lot of chicks dressed in goth-loli. Stores expose leather costumes, costumes of the waitresses, jackets and t-shirt rock, among others ... This district has the famous cosplay place every weekend (girls and boys dressed in everything and anything, maids, anime characters, etc. ...). Definitely go check it out Saturday: D I'm back on the side of Omotesando, and further, to the impressive hub of Shibuya. En route I saw a piece of heavy metal concert in the street in front United Nations University ... Incredibly, even grandmas Y'avait that moved rhythmically. When I think here the music is demonized: / So come in Shibuya, was the caricature of the intersection with thousands of pedestrians crossing at the same time. In a small corner of the square, a small statue of a faithful dog named Hachiko is picture taken by lots of people. After the death of his master, this little dog came back for 10 years at the same place, at the Shibuya station. It was the place where he was accompanying to work every day of her lifetime.

few subway stops away, I was in Shinjuku, a district of skyscrapers to the west of Tokyo. I got into the building of Tokyo Metropolitan Government, there is an observatory on the 45th floor. The day being very clear, the view of Tokyo was great. Going down I did a walk through the streets electric-fed electronics stores, then I went in Kabukicho, right side. It's an entertainment district with theaters, restaurants, massage rooms, whole buildings and especially video games and slot machines. The game master is the pachinko finally with its modern screens and lights in all directions. It's a machine where the balls were introduced that fall into a small maze of nails, and from time to time a ball falls into the right hole and triggers gain plenty of other balls. In late trade the player logs (if he remains in
...) cons of the lots. It's impressive that there noise in these rooms, and diversity of players of all ages and both sexes. Each machine is equipped with a small ashtray, the air is smoky, the players are like zombies it's too loud: D I'd be a few games this week for sure! In any case there are rooms in all districts, I spotted near Asakusa, where is my guest house.

Now, to summarize, I visited another park in the district of Ueno. I had to visit the national museum but it was closed. The cherry trees begin to bud and tinted pink, this is a real institution here. In the aisles everyone takes a picture with the cherry, it's true it's very pretty, but good. When they are fully into something, they are really thorough. By the way I still visited a small cemetery behind the museum. The graves are beautiful, some have a small landscaped garden and sometimes decorated with a few large bonsai. Large wooden slats covered with Japanese characters are placed behind or in front of each grave, this is the name of the deceased as I understand. I then went to see another small shrine hidden in the middle rounds, then I went through a fish market and dry fruit in a street called Ameyoko. The night I was on the side of the imperial palace gardens, but it was a little late and I turned down Akihabara. This is another landmark of geekery and japanimation, with many a consumer electronics stores and game rooms At this point there were more buildings dedicated to manga, anime and products derivatives (figurines, posters etc..). 5th floor of one of these buildings, I ended up at the Home Cafe. This is a place where the waitresses are dressed as a servant and qualify customers "master" or "mistresses". It is possible to make them sing or play with them to get discounts. I note that none of this is sexual, it's just a little role-playing crazy in the trip cosplay. The area has several of these "Maid Cafes", and chicks dressed in the kind distribute leaflets in the street. I had gone for coffee, but when I realized he had to pay just to have the right to sit down, I turned around. And while it's not only super fun ...

Here is a summary of my first two days I tried to make it short and voluntarily zapped many details - I spent my time to hallucinate. This city is really class, and despite what some purists say Japan, I confirm that manga and games of all kinds are an important part of Japanese culture (at least the Japanese from Tokyo), along their excellent food!

0 comments:

Post a Comment